Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kennewick Trip December 2010

We were lucky to be able to go to Kennewick the week before Christmas for a few days. It was a great visit and as usual I didn't take pictures of a lot of things, but too way too many of the things that I did take pictures of.
We drove through the night Thursday and arrived late Friday morning. Over all the kids did well, but we have decided that Hunter is not a car baby like the other two were and still are. He had a rough time staying contained in his seat.
Once we arrived we were able to spread out and enjoy our visit. We were able to see all my siblings and took a tour of my brothers new house that they designed and did most of the work on. It was GORGEOUS! And so big. I would love the space, but I have a hard time keeping our little house clean.
On Friday we were able to go and visit with my Grandparents. They enjoyed only having 3 kids to try to keep out of their decorations instead of all 11! I liked that we had more than 2 adults to each of my kids:) That meant that we each got a chance to visit with Grandma and Grandpa.
MJ and David put up the outside lights while we visited and then we all helped get the tree up. I don't know how they do it every year alone. It took all of us at least an hour to put up the tree and get the lights on, that wasn't even the ornaments!
We had a great time and I'm glad that the kids got to serve their great grandparents, and the best part is that they remember them more now. Since we are so far away, I worry that they will forget time spent with them.
Of course here are some pictures.




Saturday we woke up to snow falling on the ground and a lot more that had fallen over night. The kids were really excited and it was hard to keep them in the house until the adults were ready to go out with them. They had a blast and didn't want to come in. Here are the pictures in no particular order because I am feeling lazy.

Tanner couldn't hold still long enough for most of the pictures. He loved the snow. He was feeling warm from all the running and I had a hard time keeping him covered. He even filled his hat with snow a few times just for fun.

He loved helping Uncle Joe shovel the neighbors steep driveway.

The kids got to ride on Joe's sled a little bit too.

Here are Kathryn, Melissa and Chris braving the snow. I don't know what Chris was thinking with no coat and shorts so I had to take a picture.

The kids attempted a snow man but the snow wasn't cooperating, they gave up and just made snow balls. Jessi made a snow angel but I didn't get a picture.

Joe snow boarding down the little side hill.

Jessi posing for the camera. Ready to throw snow at me.

Jessi wanted to help shovel the driveway too, so she grabbed the broom that they had used to brush off the cars, and went to town. Grandpa traded the broom for a shovel for her.

I think she enjoyed sliding after the shovel more than the actual work of shoveling.

Hunter didn't really care for the snow. He was not able to move much and it was nap time. I came out the door to find him face down in the snow, with Jessi standing next to him, not helping him up. He only stayed out a few minutes and then went inside and Aunt Kathryn helped him out of his clothes and into bed.

He didn't really know what to think of it all.

Grandma with the kids.

David has a 4 wheeler that he uses to shovel the road, driveway and anything else that needs done. He also took off for about and hour and did a few in the neighborhood while we played.

Also Saturday we were able to go to the temple with my second youngest brother, David, for his first time. I think there were only 2-3 people in the entire session that weren't there specifically for him. It was a really neat experience and I look forward to it again in 7 more years when all of my siblings will be able to be there. Joe stayed home and babysat my kids this time.

We had a great time visiting and playing games with everyone and look forward to the next time we are all able to be together again. It was even worth the 30+ hours to get there and back.

No comments: