Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break

My mom and brother, Chris, were able to come out and visit us this week from WA. They drove out Friday/Saturday last week and left this afternoon. We had a great time just hanging out and relaxing. I felt a little bad, and I think David was a little bored, but we did make it to the beach one day. Jessi made the comment that she wished that they just lived down the street so that they could come over more often. Tanner loved being David's shadow and they enjoyed teasing each other. It was a great visit and we were sad to see them go.

Here are some pictures from the beach:


It was a little cool with the wind when we got there so David and MJ decided to lay down and relax. MJ ended up taking a nap and David ended up with a sunburn:)


Grandma did what they do best and entertained the kids for me so that I could just relax. I love that!!! The kids loved finding treasures and walking along the beach with her too.


We found a great big whole that was already there and set up our stuff right by it. Jessi loved playing in it and jumping into to. I got one shot of her mid jump.


Tanner of course couldn't not be like his sister and tried to jump too. He would jump in the air, land on his bum and then slide down the hill. He had the best windbreaker pants to do it in too.


David tried his hand at boogy boarding. We borrowed some stuff from some great people in the ward (THANKS) and he actually got the hang of it after a while. Too bad the waves weren't that big and it was windy most of the day. I think he would make a great beach bum.


After MJ's nap, he enjoyed playing with the kids and they loved that he took the day off to come with us. David got in on the action too. He and Tanner were throwing sand at each other and they loved it.

Over all it was a great day and not too cold. I say a success!

1 comment:

dots said...

Hmmm....sun certainly sounds wonderful right now. We've got wind, rain, and clouds...glad David was able to relax without a project.