Monday, July 20, 2009

Beach Camping: The Beach!

So I am finally updating my last post for a while I hope until August after our family reunion. When we went camping the daily activity is going to the beach and staying down there all day. I say down because it is probably a 10-15 minute walk (with the kids) to get down to the beach and it is all UPHILL on the way back. Fortunately we have some great older boys in our ward that carried all of my stuff down and up for me and I just had to worry about the kids. I think their mom's felt sorry for me since I am a little pregnant:) Anyway, it saved me because I had to carry Tanner back up the hill 2 of the 3 days. For only being 22 lbs, he sure is heavy!

Jessi loved every second of the beach. I am luck that both of my kids stay out of the water for the most part. Tanner is afraid of the waves so he is very cautious of even going near the water and Jessi doesn't go in much past her ankles and then only if there is someone bigger holding her had or right next to her. Jessi would rather dig, roll, crawl and sprawl in and through the sand than be in the water. Tanner isn't as bad but he also loves to play in the sand. To say the least, they were covered in it from the first day until we got home and were able to give them a back. Camping showers just aren't able to get that much sand off of kids. So though I had an absolutely wonderful time, I am glad to be home and have the convenience of a bath tub to clean my children:)

And now the pictures!


This was our group the first day. We had a ton of people and lots of kids for Jessi and Tanner to play with.


The bigger kids are so great to play with the little ones. Jessi got in on some Volleyball action. Tanner just wanted the ball.


Tanner helped dig this hole and bury someone else, then decided it was his turn and the other kids helped him out.


Jessi being covered in sand, for one of many times.


Again being buried.


Everyone got into digging this huge hole then they decided to try to get the water to come in too. Jessi loved watching and standing in the middle.


Tanner was so tired out that the last two days at the beach he fell asleep in my arms then slept in his chair and in the sand for a good two hours. Nate joined in the second day.


Here are Tanner, Jessi and Nate waiting for mom's to get ready to get them in the shower. Aren't they cute?!

1 comment:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

What great memories you are making - camping is such a fun family activity, our kids loved it! Happy bday to Tanner, too!