Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Field Trip to Emma Prusch Farm in April

So I am still behind, what else is new. I am going to attempt to catch up for the last few months before we do anything else this summer and I get more behind. We will see how I do.

Back in April before school was out, Jessi's class went on a field trip to a cute little working farm in our area. It is actually right in the middle of downtown.

There is a little area for small animals with geese, turkeys, chickens, a few pigs and ducks. The kids liked to see the animals up close, but were a little leery of the very forward geese, who were looking for food.


There is also a large animal barn with cows, sheep, and larger pigs in it. The kids liked the momma pigs the best and I don't think they realized the cows were going to be so big and smell as bad as they did. Luckily it was a cool day with a bit of a wind to help with the smell.

Then outside there are some more animals: goats, rabbits, etc. We walked around the rest of the park and then ate lunch and played on the toys.

I think the kids had a great time. This is the kids with some friends that also came.

It was a fun little adventure for the kids who usually don't get to see animals up close.

We have even been back since to check it out again.

No comments: