Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hunter 8 Months

Hunter is 8 months today. We have had an interesting month of sickness with him. Luckily he hasn't been bad, just a constant sickness it seems. I guess that is what to expect from being the third. I hope he gets it out of his system this year, and does better next year when Jessi is in school.
He is still working on building up his solid food intake. I need to be better at offering. It is just so much easier for me to just give him a bottle most of the time I forget.
He is also doing really well sitting up now. I will put him on the floor in the kitchen with just a pillow behind him now while we are in there eating dinner, or doing other things. I think he likes this new freedom.
He still isn't moving much. I guess that is a blessing. Jessi and Tanner were very mobile and into a lot more by 8 months. Hunter just rolls, but doesn't really roll to get things still. I'm sure he will get there in time.
Hunter is in love with fans right now. If you turn one on, he is mesmerized. He especially loved our room. The fan is always on, and it can be seen in our mirrored headboard and also in the mirror from the bathroom vanity. Three mirrors in one room = Heaven!
He has also discovered his tongue. He will stick it out almost all day long, and it is almost always to the side. MJ loves this because that is what he does when he is concentrating. He also does a really good clicking sound. He usually does it constantly while he is sitting up playing with something. It is pretty cute and loves to here someone do it back to him.
Hunter is still a very happy, mellow fellow. But he is starting to be more vocal, so I think that may be coming to an end too. Only time will tell.






Now that Hunter can sit we are able to put him in the tub easier. Jessi and Tanner like to stick letters to him. Jessi was labeling him this night.


Great Grandma Connie and Hunter.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

I love the new tongue discovery! He is looking older even from when we saw him 2 weeks ago.
The bathtub labeling made me laugh. I needed that!