Friday, March 26, 2010

Sickness

As I mentioned, we were at the doctor last week. Tanner had been having a weird fever off and on since Tuesday so I decided to take him into the doctor on Friday. What a great mom I felt like when I found out he had a double ear infection! So we got him on antibiotics and he seemed to me doing better by Sunday.

But as soon as we got home from the doctor, Hunter started in on the fever and a little cough. I just hoped it was just a cold and we kept him home over the weekend. By Monday I was getting a little worried about the cough, even though it wasn't too bad, so we went in to the doctor again. He ended up having an ear infection too. And the doctor tested him to RSV. Just the sound of it was scary. Come to find out on Tuesday that sure enough he did have it. Luckily it only effected him like a cold and we have been fine all week. We have just quarantined ourselves so we don't pass it along to other families with babies too. He shouldn't be contagious past Sunday. Lucky for us it will be raining all next week, so we will be stuck at home again next week too. But we have survived and are starting to catch up on sleep.

I thought that since we were stuck at home, I would attempt potty training again, but after 2 days I didn't want to force him, so we are done again until further notice.

3 comments:

Brent and Tracie said...

Sounds like our past 2 weeks. My kids have had their first ear infections and it has taken a long time for them to get better. It is finally visibly getting better and they are acting more normal. I had strep at the same time. Not very fun. I am not a fan of ear infections. All the signs I heard to look for did not appear with my kids. How is a mom to know?

Lisa said...

I'm with you Tracie, he didn't complain about his ears once in the whole week he had the fever and he had a double ear infection. I felt so bad, but glad to have cought it early with Hunter.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

No fun being sick - feel better soon...it's spring time! Easter is almost here!