Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jessi's Birthday party

Jessi turned 5 on the 8Th of this month. I asked her if she wanted a party of to go to Chuck E Cheese. I thought that having a party at home would be simpler and not as expensive. Boy was I wrong. MJ decided to go all out this year and we rented a jump house for the occasion. We ended up having the party on MJ's actual birthday because of some other scheduling issues but it worked out pretty well thanks to a lot of help from family.
Jessi and some friends and a few of their siblings loved it and Jessi had a great day, as did Daddy, spoiling his girl. We also did a little game and a pinata for the party and some food, cake, and cupcakes. Here are some pictures of the event. There are so many that I have been overwhelmed trying to go through them and decide which ones to use. (Sorry there are a ton, but a ton more that I didn't post.)


New Year's Day we decided to get what we could done for the party. That included stocking the pinata. Unfortunately the pinata we bought had no whole in it so we had to do a little minor surgery to get it open and then close it again. The kids didn't know the difference though.


While MJ and I went to get the last minute food items, the jump house was delivered. We had no idea that it was going to be so big, but it was a hit and EVERYONE enjoyed it.


Here was the spread for the party and Jessi's castle cake from Gaga. Thanks to my mom for cutting all the PB&J sandwiches into crowns for me.


Jessi enjoying the slide. I love that grin! It made all the stress of the day worth it.


Here is Tanner jumping and sliding.


Here are some cute picture of Jessi and Tanner enjoying the slide.


Here was the game that we played. I forgot to get a blindfold, but a tie worked well too.


Here are the kids and MJ enjoying the pinata. We figured since it was really MJ's birthday he could help Jessi break it after everyone else had a turn.


Here is everyone watching Jessi open gifts. She is one lucky, loved little girl!


Daddy enjoying the day with his kids. Hunter would have been there too but he was asleep.


Tanner enjoyed riding with Grandpa and Joe also. MJ and I went down together once too.


After everyone else left, the family enjoyed playing on the jump house and slide too. Thanks Adam for taking the pictures.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Cute pics! I love seeing Michael & Vickie on the "jump house". Kids at heart!You take wonderful pictures! Love the collage of small photos! Gotta learn how to do that. :)
Hope you don't mind me following your blog, but I realized that's the only way to see Michael(he's my cousin) having fun...other than seeing him occasionally at Sacrament Mtg. with the Dry Creek Ward when we're in town visiting from Utah.