Friday, January 30, 2009

Outing to Monterrey

MJ was out of town this week for a few days and luckily the weather was good again and I was able to take the kids on a few outings to stay sane. Tanner was his usual non-sleeping self all week and then decided to take a 4 hour nap and sleep through the night last night. I hope it lasts, and at least I got 1 night of sleep for a change. Of course Jessi came in at 12:30 so I still was interrupted but not as bad as usual. They even both slept in until 6:30!
Anyway, we went to the aquarium down in Monterrey on Monday afternoon and had a blast! I decided not to take the stroller in since I would need both my hands to hold onto them and I put a backpack leash on Tanner. They were amazing! They didn't ask to be held once(which for those of you who have been around Jessi at all in her life, was a major feat). They even walked to and from the car without incident.
They loved exploring everything and touching things in the touch pools. We even were able to see both octopus up against the glass, even one of them we could see it's eye. Also we saw some eels that were all stretched out and looking for a new place to hide. Over all it was a great day and we all had a great time. Here are some pictures of the adventure. (WARNING! THERE ARE A LOT OF PICTURES.)

There is a little pool with these gun type things that Jessi loved. Tanner wasn't into it very much.

Tanner didn't stay with the little fish pond either.

Tanner did like to put these really big blocks into the right holes though. Jessi helped a little too.

They have a big bubble of water for the little ones to play on. It is really like a water bed. Tanner liked to try to jump on it. Jessi was too big but I told her she could lay down on it.

There is another hands on exploring area for little ones. I love how he followed her around. Then they both decided to climb.

I tried to get a decent picture of both of them but I had to use two pictures. This is a giant clam shell.

Jessi loves to dress up like "Nemo". She also likes to get stamps at all the little stations along the way.

Tanner loved the slide but I couldn't get him to slide on his bottom so sorry, no face.

This is my attempt to get both of them on the slide together. Tanner wouldn't cooperate.

I think the favorite part of the day was watching the otters. Jessi loved that they swam right up to the glass in front of her.

Tanner also enjoyed it. He didn't move the whole time. I love that you can see their expressions in the glass.

There is a huge tank with really big fish and sharks in it. I couldn't get a good picture but you get the idea.

Jessi really liked this wave room. The wave comes right over you and then behind you.

They also loved to touch crabs and starfish in the touch pool. Tanner wasn't so sure at first.

It took Tanner a while but I finally got him to touch this starfish. But I was holding him up at the time so I couldn't see his face.

This is Jessi touching a crab she named "Crabby". You can see how big he is in the picture that she isn't touching him.

No comments: