Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jessi's Birthday: Part 1

Jessi is finally 4! I can't believe how fast time has gone. I still remember her being so tiny in my arms, and growing so fast as a baby. She has grown from a 7lb 15oz baby to a 36lbs, 41 inches tall little girl over night it seems. She always keeps us smiling with her little antics and schemes to try to get, or get away with, something. She loves to play pretend and is starting to try to write the alphabet a little more. She is a bit of a perfectionist, so we try to help her know that mistakes are okay so that she will keep trying new things. She has finally started to come out of the picky eating stage and is now clearing her plate almost every meal. If you ask her what her favorite food is, she would probably say casadilla. But she also loves tofu!
For her birthday, I decided that I would actually do her hair, but my first attempt wasn't met with raving reviews so the second take is in the pictures below.

After German hotcakes for breakfast and a bubble bath we went to Gaga's work and went to lunch. Then we decorated her cupcakes for her party that night. We took her to Chuck E Cheese with a few little girls from our ward. She said she didn't want any boys to come. Which is kind of strange because she has lots of friends that are boys. Anyway, they had a great time and so did we!

Jessi and her friends loved riding this giant horse ride!


Tanner enjoyed some rides too.


Here are the kids that came. It ended up being two families.




I love that Jessi
was so meticulous
eating her cupcakes.
And all she did was
eat the frosting.















Here is Jessi opening presents. I love her expressions!

Then we had everyone over on Sunday for a family party. I'll continue that in another post.

2 comments:

Dev said...

It looks like she had a fun birthday! You did a good job on her hair! I love Chuck E. Cheese - perfect for birthdays!

Dev said...

It looks like she had a fun birthday! You did a good job on her hair! I love Chuck E. Cheese - perfect for birthdays!