Thursday, September 15, 2011

The rest of July: Beach camping!

So as usual, I am really far behind. I do have a good excuse though. You will see how busy life has gotten since I last posted and that gives me a little bit of a reason to not be up to date yet again. Anyway, MJ is out of town recruiting, and enjoying BYU again, so I have my nights "free" to go through my over 500 pictures from the last 2 months and update, so get ready!

We went beach camping again this year. We had a blast and I was lazy about taking pictures but it was just too much fun to try to worry about catching it all on film, so a few will have to suffice. Before I begin with the pictures though, I have heard that there is some confusion about when I say we camp "at the beach." This does not mean that we camp on the sand, I wouldn't think that was very fun. We camp at a campground above the beach, and walk down to the beach daily to enjoy it. There are flush toilets and showers, so nothing too primitive. Just a lot of dirt and sand for the week:)

MJ was able to come with us this year and we loved having him there with us. I especially loved having more than 2 hands to do everything with the kids:) We cooked breakfast one morning and did lunches, but the rest of the meals were provided for us by the rest of our group which was about 110 this year. It is so fun to get to know the people that come and see all the kids interact. I think this is something that we will be doing with our family for many years to come.

On to the pictures:

Monday night was the board walk. The kids love this part of the camping trip, but I honestly would rather have a relaxing night at the campground. We will see if we can bribe them next year to skip this part. Here they are enjoying the rides.

Here they are on the helicopter ride. Hunter liked it at first, until Tanner started to go up and down. Then he had the saddest face the rest of the ride. He wasn't interested in any more rides with our mom or dad along.



Next they went on the starfish ride. Luckily we had some friends that were there and neither MJ or I had to ride it this year. The kids are in the circle and the other shapes are other friends on the ride with them.


Next we went on the race car ride. MJ only got pictures of Hunter and I, but the other two were on with friends too.


Then we went on the dinosaur train.


Jessi also rode the bumper cars and MJ and Tanner went on the log ride, which Tanner calls the "Lincoln Log ride."

And we couldn't leave without yet another twisty snake from this booth. It is now a tradition that I hope does end. We have 3, isn't that enough?


The next morning we had a relaxing time around the fire. We learned this trip that if you want people to hang out with you at your site, bring lots of firewood. We had a fire every morning and evening and we rarely had empty chairs by our fire.


The kids enjoying their milk in the morning while we waited for breakfast.

We even used up all that wood in the background. MJ brought his truck completely loaded with wood, and I brought the Sequoia loaded with our stuff.

The start of the dirty face.


The BEACH!





















I didn't bring the camera the last day and didn't get as many pictures of the kids playing at camp as I would have liked, but we had a wonderful time as a family and we survived the sand and dirt. We will all enjoy it again and again.

Want to come next year?

No comments: