Thursday, May 5, 2011

Binkies Away!

Way back in February, the 11Th to be exact, Tanner had a huge moment that we have all been waiting for for a long, long time. He threw away his binkies!!!



We had talked about it and he didn't want to, but I made a big deal about how excited and proud of him I would be if he would throw away his binkies. He said he would do it tomorrow. I had heard that before so I wasn't so sure, but the next morning right when he woke up, I reminded him and he went and got all 3 of his beloved binkies and threw them all away, just like that! I was thrilled.

He actually did really well that night and didn't really have a problem until the next day. He had a major, more than and hour long, melt down. Finally I agreed to look for his binkies in the trash but warned him that they may have gotten "cut" on something in the trash. When I "found" them, they were cut and I showed them to him and that was that. The end, done, no more even asking for them.

If I had known that was all it took, I would have done it a year ago!

No comments: