Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day (sorry no pictures)

I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's day. We had a rough day but it was still pretty good considering. After out long weekend and snow trip last weekend, Jessi and Tanner started in with colds last Monday. We took them in to the doctor on Tuesday and Jessi had an ear infection. Tanner had a little bit of a cough and some rattling so the doctor prescribed an inhaler. By Thursday night Hunter and I were starting to not feel that great and Friday night I didn't sleep much and woke with a really sore throat. We tried to get into the doctor Saturday but it didn't happen and by Saturday night both the boys started having goop in their eyes. So instead of going to church and enjoying a relaxing Mother's day we went to the doctor and spent have the day their. MJ also thought that he might have strep, but luckily he tested negative for that.
The good part though. . . Jessi sometime during the week had made a Mother's day card for me and kept it a secret and hid it from me, so she surprised me with that first thing in the morning. Then after we got back from the doctor and had lunch. Jessi "took care" of me by bringing me a drink of water without me asking because I was coughing while I was trying to "nap" on the couch. Then she and Tanner "cleaned the house" by dusting what they could reach while I slept. It was very sweet and showed me again what great kids I have. I am very lucky for the wonderful children that I have to call my own. Then MJ's wonderful sister took a chance of getting sick herself and brought us dinner, even after we canceled on them when we were supposed to have them for dinner.
Also I wanted to express my gratitude for all those wonderful women in my life, mothers and non-mothers, that have helped me through the tough times and the good times. You are wonderful examples and I try to be like you more and more each day.

No comments: