Sunday, September 28, 2008

Road Trip

Let me start off saying that I admit that I am a little crazy but, I decided that I would take a road trip to visit my parents in WA this week while MJ goes on a recruiting trip to BYU. I made the 14 1/2 hour drive Saturday and we made it safely. The kids were amazing!!! I had previously gone to the dollar store and bought little gifts for the trip, wrapped them up, and as Jessi got bored with one I let her unwrap another one. It worked pretty well. I also had plenty of snacks on hand in the front seat to pass back. Jessi was a big help getting things for Tanner and doing more than she was used to for herself. We ended up stopping about every 2-3 hours, but made pretty good time anyway until I got pulled over and had to use cruise control the rest of the way:) Anyway, more to come after we get home and I am on my own computer again.

3 comments:

The Jackson's said...

You are a trooper. I know what it feels like though when your hubby is gone and you just want to go somewhere instead of home. Sorry you got pulled over too.

Anonymous said...

Wow- super mom! I am so impressed. That is a really long drive to do alone. Bummer about being pulled over. Have fun with your parents!

Dev said...

Wow- you're brave! It takes guts for us to make that drive with both Scott and I to manage the kids! You must have great kids! How's your family? I'm glad you started a blog - we need to keep up more!