Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Neighborhood Carnival

We went to the neighborhood carnival last weekend and the kids had a great time. Here are the highlights:
Jessi got a little surprised but this ride. It was an oval track that was faster on the curves and so it kind of propelled the kids. Jessi was hilarious. She would scream on the curve, stop immediately when is was done, then look on the the next curve with fear.

Am I a horrible person for finding humor in my child's fear?
Jessi was sitting in this car and a little girl came to ride with her and unlike Jessi, who calls everyone she meets her new friend and introduces herself, slid over so the little girl couldn't get in and says, "I'm sitting in front."
Luckily it didn't last long, she slid over and they enjoyed the ride together.

Jessi also got to play some games and make this really cool spin-art frisbee. I didn't get a picture of the final product but she loved making in and it turned out really neat.

We will have to try to go again next year.

3 comments:

Kathi said...

I just barely found your blog. CUTE!

The Jackson's said...

Is that the one the Church on Pearl holds every year? Jessie's face is priceless.

Toria said...

I love that she was scared, but tough about it! ASher would have been in tears or wouldn't have gone on the ride at all. So fun!