MJ entertained the kids one afternoon so I could finish a book and I found them outside playing with the wheelbarrow. They loved it. I think it wore MJ out though.

Jessi's turn.

Tanner's turn.

Both kids together.

Before and after shots of MJ.
Then we had our first two beach days. We go every Monday all summer unless we are out of town. There are bunch of women from our ward that take their kids and we are sometimes surprised with some dads being able to come too.
BEACH DAY 1:

Tanner had to help the big kids dig their hole. But one asked him to leave. One even tried to take away the shovel but he had none of that.

He was fine playing with the shovel on his own though. He did cut his toe a little though when he was digging.

These are Tanner's friends and him "playing".

Here is Jessi playing with her friends and sharing a snack.

The kids finally played together the last 5 minutes that we were there.
BEACH DAY 2:

Jessi was a little bored part of the day because we didn't have any little girls show up this week.

This was the one and only time Tanner got in the water and it was only because he wasn't watching. He wasn't so thrilled and ran away, but then he smiled when I asked if Jessi got wet too.

Tanner loved digging with the big boys. It got pretty deep. He looked like he may fall in a few times.

Tanner loved digging with the boys, but had to watch out for the waves as they came in.

Jessi finally decided that she could help when they filled it in with water. They ended up getting in a water fight and she was covered in sand from head-to-toe.

Then she relaxed and talked with her friend on the beach. I wish I could have heard the conversation.

Tanner decided to then go off and play by himself with another group of kids. He ended up knocking down all of their towers. Luckily they didn't mind.
We also filled up the pool in our back yard and the kids have played in it a few times. I think it hasn't been warm enough the times we were in it though because they didn't last long. It seems to get a lot more windy in the afternoon when we get in, and Tanner has no body fat to keep him warm, but they enjoy it while they last.






1 comment:
Those pictures are too cute! You guys have some great kids, I love them!!
Post a Comment